There is a variety of government support, supplements and funding available for students and trainees depending on your personal situation. Feel free to contact ATP to discuss options that may be available to you.


Pensioner Education Supplement/Education Entry Payment

The Pensioner Education Supplement and Education Entry Payment are payments to provide assistance towards initial and ongoing costs of studying for recipients of some government benefits.

You may be eligible for Education Entry Payment or Pensioner Education Supplement if you return to an approved course of study and are currently receiving:

  • Newstart Allowance
  • Parenting Payment
  • Partner Allowance
  • Widow Allowance
  • Wife Pension
  • Widow B Pension
  • Disability Support Pension
  • Carer Payment
  • Special Benefit (if you are a sole parent and not residentially qualified for Parenting Payment).

You should contact the Department of Human Services to determine your eligibility for any payments and for any claims. You should also note that receiving Centrelink Supplement may impact on the course timeframe requirements for your qualification. Clarify this with Department of Human Services.

If you have any concerns, please contact The Department of Human Services (Centrelink) on 132 490 or ATP on (08) 9317 2788, and one of our friendly staff members who will guide you through the process.

You can also visit the following Department of Human Services website for more details -